Fleet safety represents a growing risk across Canada with distraction related incidents rising by 17% in just 4 years. Putting the right rules and reinforcements in place can help curb catastrophe.
Share the below opportunities with your clients using our social sharing features above.
3 KEY OPPORTUNITIES FOR FLEET OPERATORS TO MITIGATE LOSS
(1) THE DISTRACTED DRIVER
- In 2013 90% of Canadians admitted to some form of distracted driving.
- How you can help prevent this:
- Extensive training of safety processes and education for your drivers
- Remove distractions by equipping your vehicles with hands-free mobile device technology
(2) THE RIGHT RULES
- Invest in proper orientation for new employees and implement refresher training for existing drivers
- Adhere to the Canadian National Safety Code and other regulatory requirements
- Create an emergency response plan in the event that something goes wrong with the freight
(3) MITIGATION COLLABORATION
- Using third party fleet consultants can bring valuable experience, insight, and can help manage regulatory compliance
- Tools, such as tracking software, can help monitor risks and gaps across your entire fleet
- Your broker can help promote safety best practices and help tweak a safety program that will help your overall risk profile