Achievements in 2020 include renewed company values, grassroots community support and consumer pandemic relief
TORONTO, April 27, 2021 – RSA Canada, one of Canada’s largest property and casualty insurance companies, is pleased to release its first-ever Public Accountability Statement. The report details the company’s efforts throughout 2020 to improve the safety and wellbeing of its customers, broker partners, employees, communities, and the environment.
“Our people, customers, broker partners and communities faced extraordinary challenges in 2020 and we adapted quickly to continue supporting and protecting them in their moments of greatest need,” says Steve Yendall, Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Responsibility Executive Sponsor, RSA Canada. “As experts in risk management, we are dedicated to helping people get ahead of the risks they face every day, and are committed to working with our partners in communities across the country to build a confident and more resilient future for everyone.”
The report outlines RSA Canada’s social and economic contributions in 2020 to Canada and Canadians, including:
- Our Values and Employee Promise: Building responsibility and care from within the organization first, including an updated set of company and employee Values, and renewed commitments to Diversity & Inclusion and supporting employee mental health.
- Corporate Responsibility: Actions we’ve taken to help Canadians manage the everyday risks they face, including helping communities prepare for and mitigate flooding in Canada, promoting road safety, and supporting front-line mental health and addictions care.
- Corporate Citizenship Program: Community investments through our ‘Active in Communities’ programs such as matching employee donations to registered charities and regional charity fundraising by employees.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Support: Supporting our customers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping our colleagues safe, while supporting their wellbeing and mental health.
- Protecting the Environment: Evaluating our operations, actions, investments, and supply chain to ensure we conduct sustainable business practices and work toward a low carbon future.
- Economic Benefit: The economic benefit RSA Canada generates as an employer, taxpayer, and investor.
RSA Canada employs more than 2,900 people and insures close to a million cars and more than half a million homes in Canada. The company has been helping to provide protection and peace of mind for people and businesses since 1833.
The complete Public Accountability Statement is available on RSA Canada’s website: https://www.rsagroup.ca/about-us/corporate-responsibility/public-accountability-statement
For more information about our Corporate Responsibility strategy, Confident Futures, visit: https://www.rsagroup.ca/about-us/corporate-responsibility
To read the RSA Group 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report, visit: https://www.rsagroup.com/responsibility/
About RSA Canada
The RSA Canada group of companies includes Roins Financial Services Limited, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada, Quebec Assurance Company, Johnson Inc., Unifund Assurance Company, Western Assurance Company, Ascentus Insurance Ltd., Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Company and RSA Travel Insurance Inc. (collectively, “RSA Canada”) and is part of a group of companies headed by RSA Insurance Group plc. RSA Canada employs more than 2,900 people across Canada and is one of the oldest insurance companies in the country with roots dating back to 1833. For more information, visit RSAgroup.ca.
For more information, contact: